Sunday, June 12, 2011

If You Pass Me By


                                Perhaps you'd call it plain
                                this simple house I live
                                nothing fancy to the eye
                                with plenty of love to give

                                I'm sure you wouldn't notice
                                the memories tucked inside
                                of so many happy years
                                with my family by myside

                                You might not notice the flowers
                                 in my yard nestled away
                                 or the pretty, little birds singing
                                 that cheerfully make my day

                                 Oh if you could only see
                                 the squirrels I call my own
                                 frolicking around at play
                                 outside my simple home

                                 The enchantment of a sunset
                                 each evening comes to call
                                 end of day's perfect show
                                 you may never see at all

                                 Perhaps you'd see me plain
                                 with simple clothes and worn
                                 overlook my grateful heart
                                 for the simple things I adorn

                                 If things are hard to find
                                 much like where you have been
                                 beauty lies within the heart
                                 close your eyes and look again

                                 My simple life of treasures
                                 is more than gold can buy
                                 you'll never know paradise
                                 if you pass me by

                                 Susie Swanson    Copyright, 2011

19 comments:

  1. Lovely poem, Susie. Obviously home is a very special place for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both so much, It's like the old saying, Home Is Where The Heart is... Sometimes the things of this world doesn't satisfy our hearts.. Thanks for stopping by.. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of home being a simple life of treasures. Isn't that the truth. I feel the same comfort from my home that you talk about in your verse, definitely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice, beauty lies within the heart. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Susie, what a lovely poem. It speaks to my heart and what a treasure to enjoy the simple joys of life. I love this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Joanne, I love it too. It's our comfort zone. Thanks for the visit.

    Thank you Monika, I appreciate the visit and comments.

    Thank you Brenda for the nice words, The simple things in life are treasures and not complicated. Blessings to all of you, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the thoughts you have put on paper. They are so true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple Beautiful Susie...There's No Place Like Home...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! This one tugged at my heartstrings... *sniff*...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susie, your poem really touched my heart! There are few things more beautiful on earth than a simple, happy, little home, where love resides. You captured that feeling so beautifully! Your poems always make me feel so calm inside and remind me of what is really important. I just wanted to let you know that we are going through a little bit of a rough patch right now, we have some illness in the family. But things are looking up and I think she will be back and up on her feet again in a couple of weeks. Until then I am going to post some repeat stories on my blog. I wanted you to know so that if you don't hear from me that I am still here and popping over to your site as often as I can. It is just taking a lot of my concentration and energy right now and I am not having the opportunity to sit and write as much as I was. I sure appreciate your sweet comments. I finished your hat! And I am about half way finished with an extra little surprise that I am sending with the package! :) I sure have enjoyed working on them! I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Helena and Paula for the nice comments.

    Thank you so much Delisa, I'm so sorry about the illness in your family and will be praying. Don't you worry about visiting my blog or any others right now. You've got your hands full and don't need to worry about us. If I can be of any help let me know. I thank you so much for the hat and the surprise, you take your time on everything and just when you can. I'm thinking of you all and sending up prayers.. Love Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Susie, I did get your first comment but when I looked at the blog later it was gone, maybe the Blogger problem was on my end. Thank you for your sweet and comforting words, I actually copied your first comment and put it in a special file, where I save things from Blogger that I don't want to lose. Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, thank you so much, I'm glad it went through and that is so nice of you to keep it like that. That is a great ideal, I think I'll start doing that, especially with all the problems we're having with blogger.. Thanks again, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susie-I loved this one-I so identify with the words-it's how I feel about my home too.

    Tipper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Tipper, That's exactly the way I feel. I'm just a plain old country girl with a country heart. I love my country home and my country roots, I'm proud of them.. thanks Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautifully you have expressed the treasure of home, Susie! Thanks for sharing this piece of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Connie. I appreciate the beautiful comments and visit..Susie

    ReplyDelete