Monday, June 11, 2012

This Place I Call Home



                                                When I look around me each day I see
                                                 beautiful mountains of quiet serenity

                                                My whole life I've never known
                                                a place of beauty quite so strong

                                                Days of my youth are planted here
                                                in days of old they are even more dear
            
                                                Why should I long for other lands
                                                when I have the world in my hands
  
                                                Why should I look for other skies
                                                 when the most beauty in this life
                                                         is before my eyes

                                                Why should I care to ever roam
                                                 these mountains are a part of me
                                                       This Place I Call Home

                                                        Susie Swanson, 2012


21 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, Susie. Thank you for sharing with us and I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you have a nice day as well..

      Delete
  2. A beautiful piece of your heart, Susie.

    TTFN ~
    Huggers,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, Susie. I especially like these lines, "Days of my youth are planted here in days of old they are even more dear." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is such a beautiful place . . . and your contentment to be there is so evident! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful poem Susie, and oh that song sends shivers down my spine.



    Hypster was off again for a while again today.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Susie... I love the mountains also. I lived down south (FL, LA, and Texas) for many years --and missed the mountains SO much. Glad I'm back here now!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, nothing like the mountains..Glad you're back too..

      Delete
  7. Susie, I love your poem. It touched my heart. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poem and music..so serene!
    ~God is so good~
    Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , yes he sure is..Blessings to you ..

      Delete
  9. I have moved several times...now Texas is my home...Love the serenity and the peace of knowing where you belong in this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful poem, Susie. It was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep thats how I feel too : )

    ReplyDelete