Tuesday, January 21, 2014

From A Quilter's Soul

     





Quilting is the life's blood of a quilter's soul
                                            passed down through the generations of time
                                            Knowledge is worth a mountain of gold
                                            to a quilter that's patiently waiting behind

                                            Each piece is linked with joy and pride
                                            and each stitch sown by a determined hand
                                            the patience for creation sits closely beside
                                            as only a quilter can understand

                                            The pattern can become so bright and bold
                                            and it doesn't matter the color or size
                                            it's there for the next generation to behold
                                            and becomes a beautiful and cherished prize

                                           To the heart of a quilter, it's such a joyous pleasure
                                           from the beginning until the very end
                                           it's an honor to make such a lasting treasure
                                           and a quilter is willing to do it all again

                                          But when a quilter's job is finally done
                                          and they lay their stitching down
                                          the quilting song has only begun
                                          to a future quilter, what a glorious crown

                                         © Susie Swanson, 2014

Thought to my soul, I would never get it done. This bug is about whipped my behind. Some might call this pattern, "Trip Around The World". My mom and grandma called it "Step Around The Mountain". 
We're having another Arctic Blast but not as bad as some. Ya'll take care and stay warm. Susie

20 comments:

  1. Extraordinary quilt and poem! I have heard the quilt called by both names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful as are the words in the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you, Susie, for both the picture of the quilt and the wonderful poem! I've been waiting to see your quilt, and you've certainly captured the life of a quilter in these verses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, it is beautiful! It may have taken some time, but what a pretty thing you have created. And yes, it will be treasured. I like the poem, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love all of your beautiful quilts.

      Delete
  5. I had a great friend years ago who LOVED to quilt... In fact, I have a few of her quilts in my home. They are very special to me. We lost touch --but I'll bet she is still quilting. I never did it--but I love love love quilts. I even have one from my Mom. That one is very special.

    Two inches of snow here --and SO pretty. BUT--going down to about 5 degrees tonight... Gads.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy. Those are treasures for sure. We didn't get but a dusting but it sure is cold. Going to get colder tomorrow. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful! you shold put this poem in a frame near by. In display to hang next to the quilt. The love of both for the next generation and the many that will follow what a beautiful legacy you have in wrtien word as well as in beautiful crafting in the quilt. Blessings Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt and poem, Susie! So lovely. Quilts are indeed treasures that warm us and our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie,
    I really liked this poem, as my sister is a Quilter. Yes, she sews, knits, and crochets. Such a talent, one who quilts, and it's a delight to see it when it's all done. This one is bright and pretty.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri. It's amazing how muliti talented some are. I've never been able to do the croching or knitting..

      Delete
  9. That is a beautiful quilt! I do hope you feel better soon and this weather doesn't keep the chill in you...stay warm and cozy up in that gorgeous quilt:) Healing hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susie, I love this quilt. The design and colors are so beautiful. I also like your poem very much. It really touched me and reminded me of my mom, grandmother, and aunts quilting. I hope you are staying warm and having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. We're hanging in there. Spring will be so welcome.

      Delete