Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Nope.. No Frost



Nope, no frost..the picture at the top is misleading, we escaped the frost this time..we sure did expect it though with the cold wind whistling for the last three days.. To all the people that passed by our house yesterday morning, "no it's not Halloween"..  We had the place looking like it with sheets spread over the Hostas and plastic garbage bags crammed down over the Peony Roses.. and just about anything else that we could find to cover we did.. but we got fooled, the wind stayed up all night and it stayed partly cloudy, despite what the weather man said.. You know I think I'm gonna quite listening to those guys.. They think they know it all ..lol..Well anyway it took us for better part of the morning to clean up the yard. Although we used rocks to put on the sheets they were scatterd all over the yard, look like a tornado had blown through, no fun intended.. I guess this all started back week before last when the freeze came.. about got all my stuff and didn't want to lose the rest.. Now I'm just gonna sit back and pray that the many winters of spring is over..sigh.. Meanwhile those poor people up north got hammered with snow and here I 'm complaining about the frost we Didn't Get..How was it in your neck of the woods?  Did you get frost or were you spared?

14 comments:

  1. Still frost a good many nights here. Not good for the orchard that is already blooming. Oh well,just goin' with the flow :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that, hope it didn't get all the fruit .

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful photo, Susie, and I don't blame you. I cover things here all winter long, but then again - our winter is short and not very hard usually. We're already hot here, eighties every day and near seventy at night. That's our Spring. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are having warm weather but I bet you're like me and dread the Hot..thank you

      Delete
  3. A beautiful picture and a great read Susie,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We escaped the frost last night, but that wind sure was cold. Yesterday was just like winter. It was smart of you to protect your flowers. This weather is so uncertain. It could come another frost at anytime. Our garden has not come up yet so maybe we will escape having to replant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure glad you escaped it too.. It has been a very unusal spring.. glad your garden wasn't up yet.. we had potatoes up but didn't worry about them as much..thanks Brenda.

      Delete
  5. We haven't had frost but the north wind was sure strong for a few days. The wood pile came in handy again for a little heat in the house. I raked hay wearing a pullover sweater and long sleeved shirt to stay warm. Almost every spring I have to cover my peony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean that wind was brutal.. it just about cut me into.. I have to cover my peonys every year to, they wer so big we had to use plastic garbage bags..

      Delete
  6. That's a pretty picture, Susie. I'm glad to hear the frost missed you. We were OK this time around too, but it is cold and rainy here tonight. I hope you have a good week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you survived it this time to Daisy..thanks.

      Delete
  7. Hi Susie, We didn't get any frost here either --thank goodness... We did have several days of VERY cold and windy weather though... Brrrrr... Today, it finally warmed up some!!!!!

    When we were in the Smokies this past Monday, there was snow on the top of the mountains.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been very cool here, but no frost. I'm in west central Florida, and there were a few nights in the low 40's, but we were ok. For us here, we appreciate these cooler days at the end of April. It will make the summer heat seem not so long. I do feel so sorry for those who got this late frost and snow thing. It sure messed up a lot of crops, orchards, and gardens. I wonder if any of the migrating birds turned around and came back south????

    ReplyDelete