Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rainy Tuesday


Don't let the above photo fool you, it's raining cats and dogs here this morning..Our little creek is filled to the brim..Yesterday it looked like a little branch and today it's looking more and more like a lake.. I'm standing guard at the windows, wondering if I may have to run.. I surely hope all my blogger friends that have been in the bad drought has got some of this good rain... I know you have suffered a long time in more ways than one..Everything happens for a reason, that's for sure..

I know that I don't post as often as some on here and please forgive me if I've slacked any on visiting your posts.. I've tried to check in every now and then but it' seems there's always distractions one way or another.. I do enjoy Your posts and look forward to them.. Life gets so hectic sometimes that we don't get the chance to do what we want just what we have to do..Still sickness in my family.. One brother is still having chest pain (don't know whats gonna happen there), another is going in for prostate surgery. He has Prostate Cancer.One of my brother in laws is on Dialysis, and his kidneys are getting worse by the day.. I have my twelve year old grandaughter with me today , she has a bladder infection and suffers with the same bladder disease that I have. ( Intersistial Cysistitis, IC for short).. I feel so sorry for her, knowing how bad it is and the suffering one has to go through..They said it was inherited..My mother had it to for many years.She died of Bladder Cancer in 97.. It's an inflammation of the bladder.. It gets in the lining of the bladder and causes ulcers.. There's no cure.. Over the years I've self educated myself on it .. I've read everything I could get my hands on and finally found a group called Intersistial Cysistitis Foundation.. They are working hard everyday to find a cure for the millions that suffer with it like myself.. They lobby in Washington and other places and they go beyond the call of duty.. Thank God for them and the wonderful work they do..

Didn't mean to get off on all this stuff, I know there's people out there in worse shape and going through things that I can't imagine, I want you to know I'm praying for you everyday.. Please forgive me for ranting on and on about my problems..I try my best to not be selfish and think of others needs , when we get to where we can't do that we're in bad shape..

On a lighter note, I've been doing some quilting lately and  I'm getting excited about something else I haven't talked about much.. I'm publishing another book, hope to have it out by spring or summer.. The rate I'm going it may be longer.Something to look forward to for sure..Now that I've poured out all of my problems and then some, I'll shut my trap for today and wish you all a nice tuesday.. God Bless, Susie

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on publishing another book. We are experiencing rain today also. It is very welcome! Blessings to you and each member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad you're getting rain too..Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with the book, the quilt, and your and your relatives sundry illnesses. I'll keep praying for you and yours. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gorges.. We all need prayer and I'm praying for you and your family.

      Delete
  3. Susie, I like it when you "rant" on and on. And I'm sorry to learn you suffer from the bladder condition. I have complained way too much this summer about drought, army worms, dogs, almost to the point of being a grouchy old woman! But you're absolutely right, there's always someone whose needs are greater than our own. God bless!

    Oh, and I'm so anxious to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. No you have not complained to much.. I can't imagine what you all have went through..I will be happy to post pics of the quilts soon..

      Delete
  4. Good for you, Susie! Publishing a book is a wonderful accomplishment. And it would be foolish to think that any of us have a life that is sunshine all the time. We all have days that are worse than others, and sometimes you just need to pour out some of that. I pray that things get better for everyone in your family and soon. God is able, and more than that - He is more than willing to help when we call upon His wonderful Name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I don't know if I'm going to tackle it or let the publisher do it.. I've ben talking with him.. I just don't have the time to mess it up..lol

      Delete
  5. How exciting about the book, Susie! And I'll be praying for you and your granddaughter~ I hope there is a cure found soon.... and I'll be praying for the others in your family as well.
    We had 4 inches of rain here... the barns all flooded but not too bad, but I don't care~ we needed every drop of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula, we all need prayers.. I will be praying for you and yours.. I sure do hate it that your barn got flooded..Yes we needed the rain so bad..

      Delete
  6. Susie, I'm sorry to hear about the illness you have and that so many in your family are suffering too. That's exciting news about your book. Best of luck to you with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rant & rave all you want that is what blogosphere is all about we need each other to listen and encourage I too pray for you daily and keep looking into the things your loved ones are facing you have no idea what t means that you try and understand the illness :)) great job on the writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Janice. Glad someone is willing to listen or read..lol..

      Delete
  8. Hello dear Susie, I don't get around visiting as much as I'd like to either. We need to place our loved ones first and foremost. About your brother and the chest pain. Rule out digestive problems with GAVISCON (med over the counter) before you think its heart problems.I remember many patients coming into the E.R. where I worked with what they thought was heart... and often it wasn't. If your brother gets no relief, then go to the hospital. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal, thank you for the tips.. But it is his heart.. He's the one that's had By-Pass and Catherization this year all within six weeks apart.. They are doing the Stres Test again tomorrow.. It will determine if he has more blockages or not.. Thank you my dear friend..

      Delete
  9. Susie, You are a good soul. We all have our problems, don't we? When ever my arthritis acts up, almost all the time now, I know that I am blessed...because things could be worse. I pray for everyone who suffers. Sounds like your plate is full. Hoping all turns out well for all of you. We should always be able to talk in blogland about what we feel. We care, smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Susie..We all have our own share of problems.. Guess I was having a bad day when I posted this.. So sorry for what you have to go through..Prayers my friend.

      Delete
  10. Susie,
    First of all, congratulations upon publishing another book. This is great! I look forward to getting a copy. Also, it's wonderful you are quilting. My mom used to quilt a lot.
    I'm so sorry your brothers and your granddaughter are sick. I sure hope and pray they all get well very soon.
    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda..I would love to see your mom's quilts..Bet they are gorgeous..Blessings

      Delete
  11. Hi Susie! I think you are such a dear person and you are always so thoughtful and caring. Don't ever feel bad about not being able to comment back sometimes, that happens to everyone who blogs and we all understand. Life just needs attention sometimes and it makes the time we can share all the more special and precious. I am sorry to hear that your brothers and brother-in-law are still not doing well. They have had a difficult struggle this summer. I am sorry also about you and your grand-daughter being diagnosed with IC. I am so glad you shared it with us and I will keep you both in my prayers. I am so happy and proud of you for publishing another book! This is so exciting! Please let me know when it comes out. I enjoy your poems and stories so much. Have a lovely evening ahead and have fun quilting! With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete