Thursday, September 2, 2021

Hello Everyone



I guess you all think I've flown the coop since it's been long time no see. I just wanted to update you all and let you know I've missed everyone. I'm on a hard journey right now fighting a disease that has a mind of its own. We never know how strong we are till we face hard battles in life. Addison's is suppose to be a rare disease that not even the doctors know much about. It's basically called Adrenal Failure. When the Adrenal Glands go down we are in a bad place cause they produce so many of our hormones that our body lives on like Cortisol which is our stress hormone. All they can give us to live on is steroids to replace it. Cortisol is a very important hormone and living without it can lead to death because it goes to every organ in our body and without it one can go into an Adrenal Crisis and die within a few minutes. I've been bedridden since the first of May but I'm doing a little better since I had some in home Rehab for a while. I was to weak for much Rehab .

Ok, I don't want to bore you all with my ailments but want to let you all know that I will try to do more and check in as often as I can with your posts. It seems time is flying so fast and is gone before we know it. There's alot going on in the world today and all we can do is pray. God is our only hope.

 I pray that all of you are well and have enjoyed your summer. We are starting to see signs of Fall here in Western N.C. I'm hoping I can get back to my writing soon cause I've missed it so much. I had to stop my quilting a long time ago and all the other things that I loved to do. But my husband is such a Blessing as he's been by my side every step of the way even with a bad back. One Blessing is having a Home Health Aid coming in four hours daily to help me with my personal care and help him with some house chores. Through this journey I've come to find out that the little things are the most important . I've grown even more close to God and he knows our needs even when we don't know ourselves. He is so good. 

I'll close for now and will check back soon. You all take care and God Bless.. ~Susie~


7 comments:

  1. Susie, what a thrill to see a post from you! Of course it makes me very sad to know you are still suffering each day. I haven't posted anything in over a year; I just sorta grew tired of it but still read other blogs. I'm 80 years old now, still working on the farm. We did retire from growing chickens but have our cattle so there is hay work to do. The weather here is so dry making the pastures brown. I have four great grandchildren now. O.k., I'm turning this into a long comment so just remember I love you and pray for you. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Charlotte. It seems to be a busy time of year for everything. I wanted to post more and keep up with everything but just couldn't due to so much going on. Congrats on those sweet great grands. I know they bring you lots of joy. I pray you all get rain soon. I love you too and take care,

      Delete
  2. Hello Susie, so good to see a post from you again. The old blog friends are the best. I'm so sorry you are going through this illness right now. It's good that you have a Home Aid come to your house to help you each week. Yes, the little things are the most important, and staying close to God means everything.

    I have moved to the mountains, and have had a journey of my own, Susie. I'm looking forward to seeing what Fall looks like around these woods. Take care, and I often think about you.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Susie, especially when you haven't felt well yourself. Yes, I love being a grandma, there's nothing like it. I lived near them last year, but have moved since then. But we are all in Calif. so I'll be sure to see them when I can. They were just here this Summer, which was a sweet time.

      I hope you have blessed September days. : )

      Delete
    2. I'm really behind the times. I'm so happy for you. I know you'll enjoy the mountains. I live in the Blue Ridge mountains and it's so pretty. You take care and I wish you a Blessed September as well.

      Delete
  3. Susie, I was so excited to see you back on here! I have so missed you! I'm glad things are looking up a little for you. And you are right, we just have to trust God and do the best we can. I am still believing with you and praying for you. Love you, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Susie. My heart goes out to you. I sure wish I could visit you and talk awhile, but this Covid has us all sheltering in place. I'm so grateful you have a good home health aid. Mama had a wonderful lady who helped me care for her. If it had not been for Misty, I could not have kept Mama at home. I'm so thankful the good Lord sends wonderful people to help us in our times of need.
    I love you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you were able to post this and give an update how you are doing. I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete