Tuesday, April 28, 2015

We Walk In The Midst





We walk in the midst of beautiful flowers
They will return again come another spring
Though winter’s breath has quietly stolen
There is promise of new birth in everything

We walk in the midst of deep and darkened days
Of some that has become each our very own
The sun will shine through and return again
There will be another break of dawn

We walk in the midst of century old lands
As old fields do through storms and question why
Beneath the blinding sun and bitter rain
We too, should draw new strength as the years pass by

We walk in the midst of grassy hills, so green
Where the mighty winds of heaven blow
Straight from the breath of God, cool and clean
As anything the soul of man can know

We walk in the midst of memories and reflections
From another place and more simpler time
Hung upon the walls of many forgotten days
Are pictures of our ancestors they left behind

We walk in the midst of much anger and hatred
A thousand words can not describe
The soul is barren without peace and love
Hatred should never be inscribed

We walk in the midst of tears and heartache
Where pain, grief and suffering has no name
Without wings against the wind we tremble
For what else may come or still remain

We walk in the midst of blurred eyes and weeping
Crying out with hunger and homelessness
In a land where milk and honey flows
There should always be plenty and never less

We walk in the midst of wars and rumors of wars
Fulfilling the Bible more each passing day
The mercy of God is the most powerful sword
If we but only turn to him and daily pray

We walk in the midst of patience, trying to understand
And wonder how good is material things of earth
When we are gone, all of these will still remain
Just as it is from birth to death, what is it’s worth

We walk in the midst of each upturned prayer
Though agony may be to great for tongue to say
Even the unvoiced prayer he surely answers
If not in our way, in some better way

We walk in the midst of a troubled and lost world
Dying more and more with each passing day
Waiting for someone to unlock the chains
That someone is here, the stone has been rolled away

© Susie Swanson, 2015

With all that's going on the world today and everyday I thought this Repost would be fitting..

Update.... As of now my Gallbladder Surgery is on for this Thursday (30th) unless something changes. The Endocrinoligist gave his approval under certain terms. They are to check my Thyroid Levels before they put me to sleep. I appreciate all of your prayers cause I'm going to need them even more. I'm so Hypothyroid (low) right now and it has me worried but God's in control and if it be his will I'll make it through this also. I'm not worried about the surgery itself cause it'll be minor compared to having my Thyroid taken out. I know and they know I'm still not up to par but it has to come out ASAP. Many Thanks for the prayers that's already been lifted for me. I'll be back when I can. God Bless, ~Susie 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, wonderful poem, Susie. Your faith in God just shines through. You're certainly in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Susie, I hope you had the surgery and did well. I will have you in my prayers . My daughter had her thyroid removed Friday...I just talked with her, here this Sunday afternoon and she is doing well. She has started her lifetime meds for the removal of her thyroid. I wanted to wish you the best in recovering. Once that nasty gallbladder is out you should be feeling better. Blessings dear friend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem, Susie. Where would we be without hope and faith? I hope your surgery went well and that you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete