Friday, February 6, 2015

If We Could See



If we could see beyond a sorrow
Beyond a present grief, as God can see
We would be braver, knowing some tomorrow
Will still hold happiness for you and me

If we could only glimpse through other eyes
To see the things that is God’s plan and design
We would be more strong and would be keeping
In our hearts, peace and hope through every darkened time

If we could see beyond blurred eyes and weeping
Knowing again the road will smooth before our eyes
By putting our full trust in God and his promises
The lessons of life will unfold to make us wise

We are so blinded by our grief and heartache 
The suffering of so much sickness, sorrow and pain
That we forget the joys beyond believing
God’s promise of healing and peace will be ours again

© Susie Swanson, 2015

I hope all of you are well and surviving the winter. Some are having it really rough and others like us have been blessed so far. Our winter has been in and out but nothing like last year. 
I'm still having health issues but I'm getting by, God has seen to that. 
I wrote the above poem to help others and the very fact that we've had two deaths in our families this week. Mine and my husband's nephew lost his sweet wife Wednesday. She lost her battle with cancer. Then yesterday morning the phone rung around 6am telling us that my first cousin had died suddenly. He has had Chron's Disease for many years and he woke up around 3am hurting and his wife called an ambulance and he died on the way to the hospital. He was only 51. He practically stayed at our house all the time when he was little. Since I had four brothers already, he among several more just blended in and when one decided to hightail it home we missed them. But ya don't have to be old to die and we know they're both in a far better place than we are ,It's the miss that hurts so bad. Thanks for ur patience and understanding and most of all your prayers this past year for me. I know there's lots in worse shapes and I do pray for them also and ya'll are in my prayers daily... Blessings, Susie

9 comments:

  1. Glad to get an update, Susie. You are ALWAYS in my prayers. I know that you can and will get through this --since you are counting on your faith. God is right there with you! God Bless You.. So sorry to hear about the other deaths in your family...Prayers for all.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy to hear from you again. Your poem is wonderful and has so much truth in it. Remembering you in prayer ~ Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poem.
    I am sorry about the death of your nephew's wife and about your cousin. It is sad, when some one close dies at such a young age. My family's and my prayers are with you and your family.
    Please take care of yourself. Stressful times like these take a lot out of us. So, please eat right and try to get some sleep and some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, I am so sorry for your family's loss of loved ones. It hurts our hearts when they go, even when we know they are no longer suffering...we are selfish in our pain. Susie, do not be afraid to ask God for what you want and need...He wants us too have that much faith..He wants us to tell Him ...Cast all you care upon Him, for He careth for you. You are in my prayers. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Susie, greetings and good wishes.

    The quote reminded of Job in the Bible.

    Very inspiring poem.

    I am sorry for your loss. It is a pity that sometimes the people we love are snatched away at a young age. But God knows best.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one, Susie! You know the truth of it, that's for sure! It reminded me of one from one of my favorite authors:

    There is a faith unmixed with doubt,
    A love all free from fear,
    A walk with Jesus, where is felt
    His presence always near.
    There is a rest that God bestows,
    Transcending pardon’s peace,
    A lovely, sweet simplicity,
    Where inward conflicts cease.
    - Grace Livingston Hill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poem holds a lot of truth in it, Susie. I'm so sorry for the losses in your family. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie, I really love this poem, and it is so true. My heart goes out to you and I can relate to health issues because I have some of my own. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susie, I really love this poem, and it is so true. My heart goes out to you and I can relate to health issues because I have some of my own. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete