Sunday, November 10, 2013

He's America's Son





My Husband, Basic Training 1966, Ft. Jackson, S.C.

My Son Basic Training 1993, Ft. McClellan, Alabama


A gallant, brave soldier
so fearless and strong
lies in the trenches
in a war torn zone

With visions of freedom
so courageous and true
with a longing for peace
helps carry him through

Jungles or deserts
wherever he may be
he’ll keep up the fight
no rest for the weary

His job is not over
until victory is won
he’s a fighting soldier
He’s America’s Son

©  Susie Swanson, 2013

I send my deepest gratitude and thanks to every Veteran serving or has served our country.
I am eternally grateful for your great sacrifices. May God Bless You All.


9 comments:

  1. So beautiful Susie that it brought tears to my eyes. I salute your husband and son. May God bless them and keep them safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Susie! We owe our Veterans a debt of gratitude for all they did for us. God bless them every one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I thank those who have and are serving, but the family members also serve in a very supportive and special way, so thanks to you too Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and heartfelt post and poem. Amen. I am completely in accord with you. I belong to the DAR and Saturday we were honoring Vets and a local TV celebrity who does a segment each week called Service and Sacrifice. I was there as photographer and what an honor to meet the Vets who made it. In their 90's. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie,
    This is a great poem and great honor for our soldiers. Your husband and son both looked handsome in their uniforms. I appreciate very much their service to our country.

    ReplyDelete