Friday, September 2, 2011

Eternal Treasures



                                                  Treasures of this world
                                                  of diamonds and gold
                                                  are just old dazzle
                                                  for eyes to behold

                                                 A temporary dwelling
                                                 was never meant to last
                                                 like the hours of time
                                                 it too shall pass

                                                The measure of wealth
                                                is not much at all
                                                just a tiny morsel
                                               when God comes to call


                                           Heavenly treasures await us
                                           so beautiful and fine
                                           with eternal rest and peace
                                           of a far lasting kind

                                          No shadows of sorrow
                                          or heartache and pain
                                          only tears of happiness
                                          will fall like rain

                                         Love ones will greet us
                                         on heaven's golden shore
                                         oh what wonderful treasures
                                         how could we ask for more



                                      Beautiful prisms of sunlight
                                      will dance on the ground
                                      as we sit at the feet of Jesus
                                      gazing upon his glorious crown

                                      Let the rivers clap hands
                                      and the mountains sing
                                      eternal treasures are waiting
                                      in heaven with the king

                                   Susie Swanson
                                                 

15 comments:

  1. Susie, this is so touching. It makes me think of the old hymn, I'll Be Satisified, which has been on my mind this week. Thank you for such a wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for reading it and your comments. I hadn't thought of that old hymn, it is beautiful.. Blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mama-Bug, so glad you liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellently written and very thought provoking,
    Loved the rainbow.

    Have a nice week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie, such a beautiful poem, I love the part about no shadows of sorrow, no heartache or pain. It reminds me of my dad's favorite scripture Rev 21: 3,4. He had me read it over and over to him when he was sick and the words kind of burned into my heart. It says "Then tent of God will be with men. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes and death will be no more, no mourning nor outcry, nor pain will be any more, the former things have passed away." I think about this a lot and it comforts me to know we have such a loving heavenly Father who wants to give us such things.

    I look at the world sometime and all the war and suffering and wish that I had power to heal it and make it a safe, happy and loving place again. It's so comforting to know that God wants to, can and one day will! I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead, I couldn't believe it this morning when I peaked my head outside, the temperature was 72! Usually it is already in the 90's by late morning. It was my first hint that Autumn is on the way! With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Yvonne, hope you have a nice weekend also..

    Thank you Delisa, I love the way you look at things and find the beauty in everything. I love that verse in the Bible too.
    So glad the weather is cooling off some for you. We were a little cooler and today it is just as hot as ever. Hope you enjoy your weekend..Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower recommended by A Daily Journal @

    http://lifesbeautynuggets.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-thoughtpoem.html

    YOu have a lovely blog...and great poems...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much My Insired Space for coming to my blog and the beautiful comments. I will visit yours often..Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful poem and images, so inspiring and uplifting, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thank you Connie for your wonderful comments. I really love your inspiring posts..Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful poem, the words are so true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susie, I thought I would just pop by tonight and say hello! I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a relaxing day and made some homemade salsa and watched some old movies. A huge storm came through in the afternoon, with lots of lightening and thunder. But, it really cooled things down, freshened the air and filled up the pond! This is the first day I could feel a little touch of Autumn in the air. I hope you have a lovely evening ahead. Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was visiting Blushing Rose, and saw your big red flower, and had to come on over. I just love poetry. I always have, and I really enjoyed reading some of the ones you have posted. Your red flower caught my eye, and if you go to our blog, you will see why. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you and reading all your wonderful poems. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone, for your beautiful words. I cherish them all..Susie

    ReplyDelete